Key Dates, Deadlines, and Info
Registration Deadline: March 22 2017
Project Submission Dealine: March 28 2017
Winners Announced March 30 2017
Sponsors: Roseville Downtown Development Authority
About this Competition
Architects, Landscape Architects, Students, and Artists – read below!
The city of Roseville, MI, is launching this pavilion design competition to promote and catalyze the transformation of their downtown commercial district. The site is not historic, per se, but it surrounded by structures which are, and so successful designs should show some deference to their surroundings. The sponsors hope that the pavilion will provide benefits to both the citizens and businesses of Roseville, and promote the local burgeoning creative community. Financial feasibility and construction planning (in phases) are important. The winning design will also have to incorporate a pre-designed 3-sided information kiosk.
Stated concerns of the jury , which includes architects, landscape architects, and city employees, are the following:
- Ensuring the integration of the project site with the surrounding area.
- Creating a focal point for the downtown district as a catalyst for future transformations.
- Developing spatially open, publicly accessible and socially inclusive organization within the site.
- Developing a sensitive approach to the site context and historical/cultural heritage.
- The feasibility, both financially and logistically, of the proposed project (in phases) to be completed.
For full competition information, including site images and programmatic requirements, see here.